Many of us find ourselves dealing with dry skin when the cooler temperatures of winter arrive. This is due to the change in temperatures and also a change in our winter diets. Our skin is the largest and most sensitive organ that our body has and taking good care of it on the inside as well as out is very important.
Here are 5 ways that may aid in some relief from dry winter skin:
- Adding Olive Oil to a Bath – Olive Oil adds oil to the skin of coarse but it also works in trapping moisture in the skin as it covers the pores. Adding a little olive oil to your winter baths locks the moisture in and leaves the skin feeling hydrated and nourished.
- Olive Oil in Your Diet – Adding olive oil to winter foods will help to increase the oil inside the body and will in turn nourish the skin. Using olive oil to saute vegetables, to prepare meats, to bake with and even as a salad dressing are easy ways to add olive oil to your diet. A really good extra virgin olive oil not only nourishes you from the inside out it adds lots of flavor to food too.
- Drink Lots of Water – Skin dryness mostly comes from within. When we are dehydrated the results are apparent through our skin. Drinking lots of water as a preventative for dry skin is very simple and easy. Keeping a bottle or glass of water with you and drinking throughout the day is the best way to get plenty of water in your system. There are many formula’s and ideas on how much water is appropriate, find the one that best suites your needs and enjoy.
- Use Moisturizing Soap – Finding a good soap with an added moisturizer helps to prevent dry skin. A lot of soaps while cleansing the skin also dry the skin out. The added moisturizer found in many soap brands helps to seal in the moisture instead of removing it.
- Moisturizer – After a bath or shower patting the skin dry with a towel and using a good quality moisturizer or lotion to lock in moisture. Moisturizer can also be used throughout the day to relieve dry skin. There are many wonderful products marketed specifically for dry skin finding the one that is the best for your skin type can provide great relief.
These are just a few of the ways to help relieve dry skin. Knowing that our skin is directly effected by what we do or do not put into our bodies is a great place to begin. Dry skin is not just an external condition but an even bigger internal condition.
Vitamins and minerals are also an important aspect of keeping the skin healthy. Vitamin C and citrus fruits during the winter are yet another great remedy for skin dryness and there are many more. Researching foods to aid in dry skin relief is a great place to begin your search.
Videos you may like :